DFF1 vs DFF1-UHD vs DFF3D for pelagics

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
Options are DFF1 with a B260, DFF1-UHd with a B265 or a DFF3D with a B54. Targeting pelagic bluefin fishing in SoCal waters. Water is canyon deep (2500+’) but only really looking in the top 400’ or less.

Preformance wise, detail, clarity, etc. how would one rank these three choices along with pros/cons and preformance differences?

Pthein,
Because the DFF3D is 165Khz won't see the bottom in 2500ft so how important is that? If just the top 400ft is the most important I would look at the DFF1-UHD. I pefer the B-275 over the B-265. The reason the UHD over the DFF3D is that the forward/aft beam width on the transducer is much wider.

Snips

How deep can the DFF1-UHD reliably preform?

Is the preformance of the DFF1-UHD / B275 that much better for pelagics compared to the DFF1 / B260??

Thanks for the advice!

Pthein,
I guess it really comes down to what you are looking for. Using a narrow beam width on HF is good for detecting Thermoclines and layers where a wider beam is better for showing fish in the upper part of the water column. Below is what the difference looks like between the B-265 and 275. Now the HF side of the B-265 will be pretty similar to the HF side of the B-260.

Snips

Attachments

• #8.jpg
    #8.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,146
Back