Radar Target Display, while in Split Screen Mode

Sdpaddler50

I have a TZT2/15 that I like to use the Auto Pilot Feature on the APP from an IPad or my phone.

I also like to keep an eye on traffic, with radar overlay on the GPS.

The instrument page with the NavPilot for Auto pilot is only available to show with the GPS in 3 Windows per page, not 2.

In this mode, the radar targets do not show up on the gps window which is demonstrated by the attached screen shot, with the radar on. IE, you can see AIS targets, but not radar targets.

I assume this is the case because the smaller window doesn’t have the capability to show radar targets, but as noted, I am trying to get both the GPS with radar overlay, and the NavPilot on at the same time, and, you have to choose the 3 window format, as 2 are not allowed.

I am on Ver 6.2 now, considering going to 7.0. Will 7.0 allow me to to do this?

v7 will not change how that works. The NavPilot control would need to be in a quarter screen. Half screen doesn't offer the option for NavPilot control due to the aspect ratio. You can put the screen in 3 parts with the radar overlay in the half screen, the Navpilot in a quarter, then the last quarter you can put something else like video, Engine gauge, sounder or whatever.

Thanks Johnny, I was running it in that configuration; however, I realized today I had not turned on the radar overlay on the GPS for that particular window. My error. Happy Holidays.

Back