SCX20 FIRMWARE UPDATE

Artemon,
Thank you for your inquiry.
The firmware of the SCX20 satellite compass can be verified by using the SC Setting Tool Software.

This attached software is also available for download from the FurunoUSA website under the software tab of the SCX20 product page.
View attachment SCX20 SCX21 Tool Software.zip

Here is the operators manual;
View attachment sc_tool_operators_manual_for_sc33_scx20_scx21.pdf

Section 2.8 details a systems diagnostics page where the firmware versions are verified.

Is there any change on this? I have used the SCX Tool, but it only allows you to see the firmware version numbers, but no way to update the firmware.

Is there any change on this? I have used the SCX Tool, but it only allows you to see the firmware version numbers, but no way to update the firmware.
You don't need the SCX 20 tool if you have TZT 2 or 3 displays. If you go to the Settings/Initial Setup menu, you will see a menu item for "Network Sensor Setup". Selecting that will take you to the SCX-20 settings. If you choose "System", you can verify the software version.

You can download the sensor software updates from the Furuno USA website and unzip and copy to a USB stick. Going back to that Initial Setup menu, one of the items is Update Network Sensors. If you have USB stick in the connector, it will run a program that checks the versions and allows you to run an update. It covers all of the network sensors in case you have others as well. I believe there was an update to the SCX-20 issued a few months ago.

That being said (and it was helpful) are there any updates to the SCX-20? I didn't see any on the site.

There are no updates for the SCX20 at this time. The only software (SW) version that might be higher (xxx-01.06) is only on these serial numbers and higher because they had to change some hardware components due to discontinuation by the component manufacturer.
1701718841812.png

Back