TZTouch2 Compatible?

Only the TZT2BB will be able to mix with XL once the 3.7 software is available. TZTL12F and TZTL15F units can NOT mix with XL on Ethernet. While it is possible to have a TZT2 system as it is and then connect XL by NMEA 2000 only; to share most NMEA data...the access to the radar and sounder features are done via Ethernet so the XL in this example would not have access to those sensors. While it would offer some sharing of data, it wouldn't be the full integration that is typical nor share routes etc. TZT2 can run with (aka mix) one series down (with TZT1) or one series up (TZT3)... but not two series up (XL) unless it is the 2BB. The 2BB is an exception because it came later and has the same processor and memory as a TZT3 so it was possible to update software to be like a TZT3 and mix with XL. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks Johnny. I was thinking I'd get an XL and connect my NXT radar, and use the built-in XL sounder. I'd move the TZT2 to flybridge and use as nav display via N2K. Sound reasonable?

Back