drs4d vs drs4dl

A

Anonymous

on a Tz Touch2 what would the difference be in function between the two units?

Also when will the DRS4DL be in dealers stock ?

The DRS4DL is a 19" 4kW dome.
In addition to a smaller size the differences are as follows:
It does not require the PSU017 power supply. It connects directly to your power source.
It does not support an ARPA function.
It is fixed at 24RPM so dual range is not available.
By eliminating some features that not all customers utilize we are able to lower cost on the dome (to be announced) and save the consumer money by not having to buy the separate power supply.

It is due to be released in a few weeks. Stay Tuned.

Will ARPA change with a software update or not possible. And what are the benefits of duel range? Is the 4DL ok for close targets?

It will never be possible with that unit. (Hardware is different)
Duel range allows you to have half the screen at one range/sea clutter/gain the the other half of your screen at a completely different range/sea clutter/gain. This is helpful if you wish to have one setup for say long range looking for weather and the other half of the screen setup for close in navigation.
Yes the DRS4DL is good for seeing targets closer in (same minimum range as the DRS4D).

Besides cost and not needing a power supply the DRS4DL overall uses less power than the DRS4D making it a positive for smaller boats.

So basically go with the 4DL if I buy the TZTL2 since I could never use all the functions of the 4D anyway?

Also, how would I tell what direction another boat is heading with the 4dl?

So basically go with the 4DL if I buy the TZTL2 since I could never use all the functions of the 4D anyway?
It depends on your needs and wants and budget. If you are saying you wont ever use those functions, then I agree it sounds like you are leaning towards the DRS4DL.

Also, how would I tell what direction another boat is heading with the 4dl?
I think it would be better if you call into tech support to discuss. It makes it easier to ask follow up questions and ensure a clear understanding.

Any radar is normally aligned with the bow of your boat. Radar targets can be viewed and seen direction of movement on screen. If your radar has heading and GPS you can use cursor lat/lon to find a boat location etc.. There are other tools you might have, depending on your install, like AIS (Automatic Identification System) that includes a lot of information on other vessels.

Back