importing waypoints

A

Anonymous

I am having trouble importing way-points into my machine.

I connect a usb stick drive to the machine and go through the way point import
settings and get the " way points transferred " message or something like that. The
way-points show up and everything is fine. If I power the the unit off and restart it the way-points are all gone , except 4 or 5 of them. It does not matter if the USB is connect or not I have to re-import them each time.

Help

I recommend backing up your settings/tracks/points and then conduct a factory reset of the unit. I haven't seen this particular complaint before but I have seen where they didn't want to retain unlock codes until the unit had been reset/cleared. Please also note that new software (2.05) was released today and posted under the product page.
View attachment TZT2 reset.pdf

Johnny Electron":mzxe7626 said:
I recommend backing up your settings/tracks/points and then conduct a factory reset of the unit. I haven't seen this particular complaint before but I have seen where they didn't want to retain unlock codes until the unit had been reset/cleared. Please also note that new software (2.05) was released today and posted under the product page.

I tried to do the update via wifi and it 2.05 was not available, will it be soon?

The reset did not help , the last import I tried only 76 out of 400 way points transferred over.

2.05 software is not available as a Wi-Fi update because it also includes an operating system update. As previously stated, the new software (2.05) was released and posted under the product page. You can also find a link and info about the upgrade posted under the NEWS topic on this forum.

Fixed

I had a faulty file from a Garmin Homeport export, the service team in MD (Chris) fixed me right up, thanks Furuno

I am trying to import waypoints and the machine is saying nothing is found on the external device. I copied my numbers to a thumb drive and tried to import them that way. The last time my VX2 was in for service, Furuno copied my numbers and put them in the format that I can import into the TZT2. Any hints why the machine is not seeing the files on the thumb drive? Thanks.

Maybe the files are zipped (compressed)? I don't know but if you want to PM me the file, I will take a look at it and try it here.

I figured it out. I had 2 thumb drives by the computer. The one I put in the chartplotter didn't have anything on it which is why it said nothing found on the external device. I figured this out by accident and went to the unit and plugged in the correct thumb drive and guess what, all my numbers magically appeared.

Another way to do this with a new unit is to create a waypoint on the unit. Export the file and then modify the file with excel and drop your old points into the new file.

Back