General Wiring Question for my new electronics

syrupdawg

I had a quick question about the best way to wire up my new system. It's not just for the TZTtouch2. In the installation instructions it recommended putting the radar on a switch by itself. I was wondering if I could just wire it to my fuse panel where it would get its on fuse along with the DDF3 on its own fuse. Only concern I have is when I cut the battery switch on if the radar and DDF3 will power up. I was worried about this because when we are at the sandbar and I have the radio on I don't want the radar and bottom machine to pull on the radar. Will the DDF3 and the radar pull much power if the TZTouch2 screens are not on?

syrupdawg,

I would recommend putting the radar and DFF3 it on a separate fuse panel.
DFF3 is about 2.8 amps running on 12 volts and 1.4 Volts running on 24 volts.

Can you determine which radar you have ?

Regards,

Mr.Radar

Drs4d-nxt. Do they need to be on their own switches or can they just be hooked up to power on when I cut my battery switches on? Basically I'm wondering if they are going to drain the batteries if we are at the sandbar for a few hours and I don't kill power at the main battery switch. They will each have their own fuses in my fuse block. I plan on cutting out the 5 amp glass fuse on the dff3 power wire and running it through a standard 5 amp blade fuse so I don't have to keep up with glass fuses too

Syrupdawg,

If you plan on putting the wiring on their own fuse block you shouldn't have to worry about draining your battery at a gradual rate.

in theory it should be okay.

Regards,

Mr.Radar

Back