New TZ2-12 RADAR SETUP ISSUES

RADIOWAVES

Hi Having initial, hopefully, setup problems with new TZT-12. Just received and installed the DRS4D-NXT Radar. During radar setup the correct model with check mark comes up and radar compass display comes on with timers, one time is counting but TX timer is not. Also small radar icon at the top is grayed our and no radar window is available.
What should I look for next?
Thanks
Fred

Hey John, no it does not show up on any lists. Also I replaced my Ethernet hub, my two machines recognize each other so I know my hub is working. However could it be that the software is not up to date and that's why it's not seeing it? Bc I need the power supply psu 017. It says software up to date version 2.0.0 however I know it sat 4 right? Why does it say up to date then?

also for the update do i have to do all prior to 4.01? like do i have to do 3.o? or do i get all the updates prior when doing 4.o?

Chrism6784,
The DRS4D-NXT radar doesn't need a PSU. The radar is powered via ships mains either 12VDC or 24VDC. What PSU do you have installed with the NXT radar?

Also, software must be at least 3.01 or better on the TZT2 to use the DRS4D-NXT. I would highly recommend updating to the most current version of 4.01.
As far as updating, no you don't need to update each version one by one. you should be able to load 4.01 and the TZT2 should update to the most current software.

Perform the TZT2 software update to version 4.01 and then you should be able to see the DRS4D-NXT on the sensor list and then in turn be able to use it on the TZT2.

Chrism6784,
A typical PSU (PSU-017) sends about 48VDC to a radar (which some radars need). However, since the DRS4D-NXT does not use a PSU and instead uses 12VDC or 24VDC from the ships mains, If you connect a PSU-017 to a DRS4D-NXT then you may critically damage the NXT radar due to too much voltage being sent to the radar.

Back