Software v2 compatibility with TZT2

mikek

Furuno Fan
Is version 2 of the TZT3 software going to be compatible with TZT2 systems in the network? I have a TZT3 12" and a TZT2 12" in my network and use the internal sounder of the TZT3 for my TZT2 (chirp transducer is connected to the TZT3). With the updates to the fish finder in v2 software will I still be able to utilize the TZT2 as my fish finder screen?

Good question and thanks for asking. I would advise anyone with mixed systems hold off on V2 upgrade until more is known about it. There are changes to the TZT3 like NMEA 2000 support for Fusion radio that isn't be supported by TZT2 v7 and we have no idea what happens if someone uses that new feature and mixes. Normally when mixing, you must abide by the most restrictive rule of both systems. In general, Furuno is saying mixing TZT3 V2 and TZT2 v7 "should" work. The internal sounder would share as it does now. Because the software isn't an exact pairing, there are bound to be a few items of concern develop. I would leave the testing of mix systems to those brave enough and with time on their hands to be the first to try it. We do know that the favorites page, quick page, NavData setting, and NavCenter weather data do not synchronise/share between TZT3 V2 and TZT2 v7. Pretty minor stuff so far, considering all the changes coming to TZT3 with V2. It is what we don't know; that we don't know. You won't damage anything trying and it won't explode if you wish to be one of those trying the mixing of these software/systems. The unit can be downgraded if needed. Just know that they are diffrent systems and some issues should be expected when mixing at least until v8 becomes available for TZT2.

Anyone have any feedback on running mixed systems with TZT3 V2 and TZT2 V7? So far I am told they are working really good together.

I am running both and so far it is flawless. The one thing I noticed is I don’t get water temp near the depth reading on the TZT2. Very happy with the update.

Yes, I expect that is one of the changes that should be coming to TZT2 V8. The sounder screens have been changed up a bit with the newest software. Glad to hear the mix is going well.

Back