TZ2 settings with a B175L

shindig

I have a TZ2, DFF1 UHD with a single transducer (B175L)

Since I am only utilizing a single transducer, what settings should be turned OFF or ON the TZ2 for it to operate optimally?

Also, the B175L has replaced a duel frequency transducer. Does the DFF! need to be reset?
thank you in advance

Shindig,
The UHD sounder was designed to use both HF and LF channels. If you are connecting only the LF side we advise you to add a 100 ohm-10 watt loading resistor across the HF side (pins 1 & 4). Note when you are using only one frequency, neither ACCU_FISH or the Bottom Discrimination Mode are available. The B-175 will not appear in the sounders transducer set-up menu so you will need to select a B-275. Do not connect the Orange TID wire.

Snips

thank you Snips

We replaced a B275 with the B175 as the B275 had a fairing block and negatively impacted the ride and interfeered with the Jet dock. We also have a 600W duel frequency transducer paired with a Garmin, so we still have high frequency capabilities.

Will this resistor address our needs?
https://www.amazon.com/NTE-Electronics- ... 685&sr=8-4

If not, will you please recommend a brand/model?

Shindig,
That will work.
Make sure its secure so it doesn't flop around inside the UHD.

Snips

We have been struggling with the above noted set-up and just realized the installer improperly pointed the transducer to the bow instead of the keel.

While we work to remedy this, if we also install a B175H and pair it with the existing in B175L and DFF1-UHD, will all the TZ2 functions be usable?

Is there any concern regarding signal interference from my Garmin unit 50/200?
thanks,
Shindig

When you say "all functions" the answer is no. That transducer pair is not typical and BD and accu-fish will most likely not function. Garmin is most likely going to see some interference if used while the Furuno is running due to freq overlap during during CHIRP sweeping. The Furuno sounders have IR settings that help that but the Garmin units are less capable at dealing with this. I would expect the Garmin should be turned off when using the UHD.

Johnny, (or anyone else)

Since I am considering eliminating the garmin and replacing it with a TZ3 to pair it with the existing TZ2, should I start from scratch?

Included is a photo of my current transducer setup and I would prefer to reuse the pocket and hole for the B175L if it is necessary to change to different transducers. I am unable to use a fairing block for a transducer due to my jet dock.

I primarily troll, bottom fish in 100-300 ft and deep drop for swords and tiles.

If I am going to start from scratch and given the above criteria, which transducers should I choose and pair with what model sounder module if different than my exist DFF-UHD?

Obviously it would be great if I did not have to buy new equipment, but I am tired of fighting to achieve good/consistent sounder readings.
thank you.

If the transducer is in a good location and not getting killed by turbulence, I would at least try it before jumping into another transducer install. Almost all Airmar transducer can be rewired to connect to other companies.

The photo is too large to include in this post. The transducer utilized by on the garmin is a 600W 200/50 hz non Chirp transducer in a "pocket" mount on the keel. It works great, however I don't get the deep water readings I need.

When I purchased the boat, it was not connected to anything, but was previously connected to a Furuno and I retained the connector end. Gan it be connected to a TZ2 or 3 and I still be able to utilize the B175L?

Yes, you can continue to use the DFF1-UHD as you have been with the B175L and then connect the 50/200 transducer to either the TZT2 or TZT3 internal sounder. (reattaching the connector)

Back