Furuno TZ Touch 2 to 2011 Suzuki DF175

Niteriderrr

Hi,

Does anybody know how to connect a 2011 Suzuki DF175 to a Furuno TZ Touch 2 12" MFD.

What parts are required? In what order are they connected? Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to share how to do this.

PS Would be great if Furuno published guides on how to connect these MFDs to each of the popular outboard engines.

Niteriderrr,

I think I can help. I agree it would be nice to have the type of guide you mention but it isn't really conceivable to easily publish a guide like that, as it often requires parts from each individual motor manufacturer that we don't always have access to. This is further complicated by the gauge package you bought with your outboard. That being said, your question is no different.

If you happen to have the digital Suzuki gauge connected to your DF175, that means your motor is already connected into a NMEA2000 network on your boat and the engine information is available. In this case all you would have to do is connect your TZTouch 2 NMEA2000 cable into your NMEA2000 backbone via a "T" and you'll be able to pull up engine information.

If you have mechanical gauges connected to your DF175, that means you don't have the Suzuki gateway needed to convert your outboard's engine data to NMEA2000. This doesn't keep you from getting the information from your outboard, it just makes it a little more difficult as you'd have to purchase a Suzuki gateway from your Suzuki dealer, connect it to your outboard and connect the output of the gateway to your boats NMEA2000 network. Once that is done and you have the TZTouch2 connected to your NMEA2000 network the engine data will be available to display on your TZTouch 2 display. These connections are all pretty simple so it isn't as hard as it seems. Let me know what you have on your boat for gauges and we'll figure it out from there.

Stickman

Thanks Stickman.

The motor is a 2011 DF175. It has the Suzuki analog gauges installed (one being the tachometer/monitor, the other for fuel).

I have ordered and received the following parts:

Qty Part Number Description
1 990C0-88149-290 Engine Interface Cable
1 990C0-88136 SMIS Adapter
1 990C0-88108 25' Ext Cable
1 990C0-88112 Power Node
1 990C0-88113 Female Terminating Resistor
1 990C0-88114 Male Terminating Resistor
1 990C0-88110 T- Connector
1 990C0-88104 2' Ext Cable

Are there any parts I am missing?

As a side question, do the analog gauges need to be disconnected once the TZT2 is connected?

I imagine there may be a few folk out there looking for info like this so thank you again for your help.

Niteriderrr,

Your list looks like it covers everything you need with the exception of the gateway. The gateway is the device that converts your outboard's Canbus data to NMEA2000 data. The part number of the Suzuki Gateway is 34923-96L00 (picture below). To the best of my knowledge you'll be able to maintain your analog gauges that you have right now. The only thing that is changing is by adding the Gateway and NMEA2000 components you'll be putting NMEA2000 data onto you're NMEA2000 network and in doing so giving your TZtouch2 engine data.

Stickman

Attachments

• IMG_6481.jpg
    IMG_6481.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,922
Thanks Stickman.

Turns out the parts list was right. Had difficulty finding where to plug this into DF175. As it turned out the plug was located under the dash with the controls above. All working now. Not all instrument displays receive readings from the motor, but many do.

Back