Furuno software V4 for GP1x71F

Is it real ? It has not been published anywhere, but it has been published on my Cyprus page. Are you sure there is no problem with that? Have you tried?

It might seem odd but the GP1x71F can use the mapping direct from the Navionics sold chart card. The NavNets can not. They need the data into MM3 format. Under new ownership, Navionics has opted to stop selling mapping data to third parties, while this stops MapMedia from selling Navionics data maps, units like the GP1971F can run them using the Navionics SDK and Navionics sold map. I understand on the surface it is a bit confusing but one type of data is completely controlled by Navionics and the other isn't. They have opted to stop selling mapping data to third parties for which they don't have full control of the end product. For the GP1x71F, the card is sold and controlled by them so while we lost support on the MM3 type maps on the NavNets, it can be added to units like the this model. We are happy to add it as an option to this product.

pespinar":nd54a5vq said:
Hello,

I have just seen that the software has been released (https://www.furuno.com.cy/downloads/GP1x71F_4.00.zip), but I can not find the documentation about the new features. Anyone knows how to get it?

Un saludo,
Pablo Espinar

Greetings all,

For those interested the documentation for the GP1971F/1871F Version 4 is now posted to the support page of the GP1971F/1871F page on the Furunousa.com website.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back