GP-39 NMEA 0183 out to VHF

Gromit83

Hi.

I'm helping a friend mounting a GP-39 and using the NMEA 0183 output against a Simrad RS35 VHF. And the wiring is a bit confusing as the color codes don't match.

I think MAYBE I have thought it out right after reading a bit more. Would be great with some feedback if I'm thinking wrong.

White from GP-39 to Green on RS35 for GPS NMEA 0183
Blue from GP-39 to Yellow on RS35 for GPS NMEA 0183

Also what can I input to the GP-39 on the green and yellow? He has an older Simrad fish finder with NMEA 0183 output. Can I integrate that to the GP39 as well?

Thanks in advance.

(Right click and open pictures in a new tab since the forum did not resize the images)

GP-39 wiring
QDUwN1L.png

RS35 wiring
7X0S6UO.png

The GPS output from the GP39 will be WHITE (+) and BLUE (-) as you expected.
I agree the other unit appears to accept the input on the GREEN and YELLOW but they don't make it clear to me which is positive and which is negative. You don't want to get them backwards. Our positive output should go into their positive input. I would contact the company if you cant find a reference in the manual.

Also what can I input to the GP-39 on the green and yellow? He has an older Simrad fish finder with NMEA 0183 output. Can I integrate that to the GP39 as well?

If the simrad offers the standard TLL sentence then yes it does appear you could connect the fish finder to send over Target Lat/Lon spots.

Okay. Then White needs to go to yellow as its positive on the Simrad. and blue to green.

Thanks for the help :)

Back