Cloud Synch

I experimented again this morning and tried everything, including a hard reset. I still have the same issue. The unit will synch with TZ Cloud just fine if I log out and log back in. Then it stops synching until logged out of the account and logged back in. If I turn off the unit and turn it back on and connect to Wi-Fi, it shows my name under the "My Time Zero" menu but it does not synch unless I log out and log back in. Then it connects, beeps, and synchs up.

I tried changing the network connection setting to "on startup" and "when necessary" and it made no difference. I also turned off the wifi and turned back on and reconnected. I tried two access points and my phone as a hot spot. None of this makes any difference. It just synchs once after log in and never again unless logged off and logged back in. The unit seems to have a wi-fi connection because it tells me a software update is available when first connected and of course it does synch if I go through the log off/log on process.

I can see on the web version of TZ Cloud that my unit shows under devices and that it last synched at 2:25pm, which was the last time I logged in and off -- but it was on for another hour and never synched again even though I created some new points on the MFD as a test. They did not show up on the web or iPad versions.

Any other ideas?

I normally try to avoid too many cooks in the kitchen but previously I had asked for a synchronization log to assist in the discussion. The tread now seems to be coming full circle.
I think it would be helpful if you could provide a photo of the log(s). The iboat/TZT2/TZT3 all have a synchronization logs. I previously provided screen shots for finding the one from iboat. The TZT2/TZT3 synchronization log is found under MENU - SETTINGS- INITIAL SETUP. If you could get some photos of the log(s) when the process fails it would be helpful to continue this discussion.

I have been watching the synchronization log once the unit is booted up and the wifi connection is established. There's nothing to see -- no actions recorded in the log. It just shows the last synch from when I logged out of My Time Zero and logged back in yesterday. Then if I go back to the General settings and log out of my Time Zero and then go to the synchronization log, it shows it establishing a connection, the number of points downloaded, and the number of seconds it took. Once I do that, I can tap "Force Synch" and it will initiate another synchronization. The problem is that once the WiFi is disconnected upon leaving the dock, when I return and the unit is connected to WiFI again, it will not synch again (including when tapping "Force synch") unless logged off from My Time Zero as noted above.

What do you experience with your bench units? If you have one logged in to a My Time Zero account and then power off and boot back up, do they synch again without logging off and back in?

Here is a screen shot of the synch log when it failed to synch.
[/img]

Attachments

• Synch Log.png
    Synch Log.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 774
The log shows that there is no "cloud master". We played with it and found a minor bug with current software. If you cycle the Enable Cloud Sync setting, Cloud Sync works as it should, but the setting will be lost after you power cycle even though it still shows it is ON. For now, when you first power up the MFD, you will need to toggle the cloud sync setting off and back on when you wish to use that particular feature. This issue will be fixed for TZT3 V1.08 (and for TZT2 official V7). Thanks for the photo and letting us know.

Thanks. I did try using the phone as a hotspot. I even did a speed test and the phone connection was 34m/sec via 5G so it should have been a very good data link for the TZT 2. My iPad connected to the cloud server via the TZ iBoat app using the same hotspot and synced right up. I will have my larger boat back soon (the one Bill fitted out with the TZT 3s, DRS25ANXT and SCX20). I have a Rogue Pro wifi booster and the connection at the boat is very strong. We’ll see if that helps.

I thought you guys might interested in what I have learned in the meantime from getting in touch with MaxSea. It seems this is a known fault in the unit software v7 beta and is supposed to get fixed in the final release.

In the meantime, I discovered that toggling "Enable Cloud Synch" will bring about a one-time synchronization without having to log off. Thanks.

Back