Furuno GP-7000F Please help connecting AIS

davevnz

Hi, I have a Furuno GP-7000F chart plotter / fish finder and want to connect my AIS to it.

My AIS has FIVE wires:

Pin1:Red Power+;
Pin2: Black Power-;
Pin3(output): Green TXD;
Pin4:Yellow NC;
Pin5: Blue GND;

I'm guess only the first three are needed to connect to the GP-7000F.... POWER and TXD?

Can anyone please advise which pins on the back of the Furuno GP-7000 do I connect to?? I've spent countless hours researching and can't find the answer anywhere :-(

The AIS clearly is RS232 based on the wiring described. To properly connect it to the RS422 GP7000F a level converter will be needed. Once you have a level converter the AIS would connect to the Yellow (+) and Green (-) on the Furuno NMEA cable.

Wow - Thanks for your super quick reply!
Q, My GP7000F has plugs - "NMEA1", "NMEA2" and "PC/NMEA IN". Can you please say which plug should I be getting the cable for? The PC/NMEA IN plug has more pins... Is there a special part number for the NMEA Cable I need to hook the level converter in?

NMEA1 or NMEA2 both use the same 6-pin cable (000-154-054). You would wire the AIS into the Yellow (+) and Green (-) input wires and ensure the baud rate is properly matched.

1712592244229.png

Back