GP-7000F SD Card

Heinz

Hi,
Resently purchased a Bayliner in Spain that has a GPS Plotter (GP-7000F) installed. The unit worked very well whilst Navigating in Spanish waters, but not as we making our way to Portugal, our home. Upon inspection, the SD card only covers the Spanish/Mediterranean coastline. Have research as much as possible to find a supplier that can provide a replacement SD card C-MAP NT+/INT Max that covers the Portugal coastline, without any sucess. Seems that Furuno no longer supports the product or the perhaps the software.
Is there a dealer where I’m able to purchase the SD C-MAP NT+/INT Max card “Portugal”, or is there an option to upgrade the GP-7000F Plotter?
Thank you for the kind help
Best
/Heinz

The GP700F has been discontinued for some time. The replacement would be the GP1971F or GP1871F. They would use current Navionics or CMAP chart cards.
I would check with your local Furuno Distributor for purchasing options.

Mapping support has never been Furuno, but C-map. I think they still sell these charts. Have you spoken to C-map at all about this? I can't see why they wouldn't sell you a card for that area.

Thanks for the insight. After much research, from what I understand the GP7000F originally hosting C-Map NT+, also supports C-Map MAX. In Europe SVB24 is a popular web based supplier, turns out they have a MAX based SD card for the region I need for €200.
Alternatively, would an upgrade to GP1871F provide better graphics that make it worth the cost? Can the installed cables, connectors, transducer and so on be used, or requires a new complete install? Mainly interested in the GPS/Plotter, not what the fishing feature has to offer.

The GP1871 is a totally different unit as it uses C-map 4D or Navionics+/Platinum+ type mapping. Many years between the GP7000F and the newer units. The GP1870F/GP1970F was was after the GP7000F for many years. The sounders in the newer units are more advanced but any transducer that the GP7000F could use is easily moved over to the GP1871F/GP1971F. Both are 10 pin transducer connections. The power data cable is different but the new units come with the correct power cord.

Hi Johnny, Turns out not as easy as thought to obtain GP1870F here in Portugal to replace the GP7000F. In the meantime trying to make the old unit work. Turns out the software is still v1. The v3 download is available, but cannot find v2. What I understand one has to upgrade to v2 first, before being able to upgrade to v3. Where should I be searching for a v2 download?

Back