Hooking etr 6/10 to mfd12

I’m trying to wire an etr6/10 into my data 2 on my mfd12 but I can’t find the wire color diagram for the blue 6 pin cable help plz

The ETR6/10N is what we call the BBFF1 here. it is a network sounder and would connect up to the NN3D system (like the MFD12) on the Ethernet. Unless you want to be like @Sparky Wire and let the smoke out, don't wire that up to data 2.

It doesn't matter if wired as a straight or cross over if you are going to a modern hub (HUB101 is fine) or directly to the MFD12 as the NN3D ports are auto sensing. Most hubs nowadays are as well. If using the HUB101, ensure that the power sync switch is OFF for the port you plug the sounder into. This should help you wiring the 6 pin blue network cable into a RJ45.
1712013145131.png
1712013170946.png

It doesn't matter if wired as a straight or cross over if you are going to a modern hub (HUB101 is fine) or directly to the MFD12 as the NN3D ports are auto sensing. Most hubs nowadays are as well. If using the HUB101, ensure that the power sync switch is OFF for the port you plug the sounder into. This should help you wiring the 6 pin blue network cable into a RJ45.
View attachment 5208
View attachment 5209
I did that and it didn’t work but I’m going straight from etr 6/10 to mfd idk if that matters

If going straight it won't matter because the MFD12 has auto sensing ports, but it does need to be wired as above. When you power the BBFF1, what is the status light doing? What is it doing after 4 mins of being powered on?

If going straight it won't matter because the MFD12 has auto sensing ports, but it does need to be wired as above. When you power the BBFF1, what is the status light doing? What is it doing after 4 mins of being powered on?
Light flashes green like it’s supposed to I wired it pin 1tp1 2to2 and 3to3 4 to 6 I can get the sounder to register on the machine and in the wizard but it has no connection when I display it

It must be my network port on the mfd cause I plugged it into a different mfd and it works fine

No interface needed. Yes, you can. 0183 from the AIS into one of the 0183 data ports of the MFD12. NN3D can not receive AIS by 2000. It must be 0183. Once wired, the wizard must be configured and the port selected as your AIS source under GLOBAL - Data Sources. After saving the settings and in normal operations, the rotokey turned and AIS must be turned ON for display.

No interface needed. Yes, you can. 0183 from the AIS into one of the 0183 data ports of the MFD12. NN3D can not receive AIS by 2000. It must be 0183. Once wired, the wizard must be configured and the port selected as your AIS source under GLOBAL - Data Sources. After saving the settings and in normal operations, the rotokey turned and AIS must be turned ON for display.
Ok just wanted to be sure that the fa100 had 0183 data output that would interface with the mfd12 . I saw they made the interface box assumed I needed that , what would be the purpose for it if you don’t mind me asking

The interface box was used on the FR8xx2 series and the older VX2 before they updated the software (Vx2 no longer need). The interface pre-sorts the targets before handing it over to the system. The NN3D system doesn't need that but it does need to come in 0183 because NN3D won't accept NMEA 2000 AIS like the newer stuff does.

Back