how to decipher locked c-map charts on chart catalog tzt16f

Rocky Bay

I have replaced a nav net 1834 c-nt system with tzt16f and would like to unlock c-map vector charts for my navigation area (us and canada west coast) How do I decipher the charts catalog on the tzt16f to a chart name and number that I can purchase an unlock code for.

If you are looking for a C-MAP vector chart for the US west coast and Canada west coast it would be part number

MM3-VNA-035​

You can see the chart package here: https://mytimezero.com/charts-catalog You can choose Vector - Megawide - Cmap and it will show you all of the charts that are included in that package. It is package # MWVJNAM035MAP25.1

Thanks Kraken, I was trying to get the locked charts listed in the charts catalog on the TZT16F to correspond to something I could purchase without having to download to an SD card. I really just need Canada west coast including puget sound and time zero shows an SDVJNAM025MAP27.DBV which goes up to Alaska. The charts catalog on my TZT16f shows an SDVJNAM025MAP25 which is preloaded but locked. FURUNOUSA.COM has an MM3-VNA-025 that I think will cover the area that I need if the unlock code will open the preloaded chart.

Thanks Kraken, I was trying to get the locked charts listed in the charts catalog on the TZT16F to correspond to something I could purchase without having to download to an SD card. I really just need Canada west coast including puget sound and time zero shows an SDVJNAM025MAP27.DBV which goes up to Alaska. The charts catalog on my TZT16f shows an SDVJNAM025MAP25 which is preloaded but locked. FURUNOUSA.COM has an MM3-VNA-025 that I think will cover the area that I need if the unlock code will open the preloaded chart.
You can purchase the unlock code for the chart package MM3-VNA-025 through any FURUNO dealer. The unlock code will unlock the preloaded chart.

https://furunousa.com/en/company/find_a_dealer

Note that the locked C-MAP chart files on your TZT3 are likely NOT the most up-to-date version, and purchase of the c-map chart does not include regular updates (sadly!).

Best to download most current file from timezero.

(There are many updates by CGS throughout the year - - rocks, shallows, new charts included. For example, CHS produced 2 new electronic cgarts for uncharted areas of Haida Gwaii in May/June 2023... C-Map finally included these new charts in ~January 2024.)

Do the timezero updates update the charts from MM3 and can you update using a wireless connection from a Mac to the TZT3?

There are 4 large files (vector charts, two 3D files, satellite photos).
Elsewhere (cannot find it now...) I saw the CMAP date is currently November, 2023. I believe C-MAP updates again approx April.

Wireless connection: I do not know (my guess is "no", but others with better knowledge can help)

You will have to manually update the files that are stored on your micro SD card that is in the back of the display. When the machine was new, it can with a microSD to standard SD card adapter to allow updating in a traditional laptop. It doesn't matter what folder you put the charts in, they can be on the root of the card or organized in folders for your ease of readability.

Just make sure if you use folders not to use anything other than alphanumerics because dashes, special chars, and others will prevent the folder from being indexed for charts.

How does one SEE the charts before buying. For example, going to C-Map the chart is not listed for TZT3, TZT3 is not even there.
Time Zero says the C-MAP SDNA02TIN01.dbt is available.
I think others have mentioned, Furuno does not make charting easy.

"How does one SEE the chart before buying?"

One can look at the C-MAP online viewer to see what the standard charts look like (be sure to go to layers and turn off so-called high-resolution bathymetry HRB):

HOWEVER: the chart data you see is the current most "up-to-date" C-Map (not that c-map is always uptodate with CHS updates). The data on the Furuno C-Map charts download page may be from several months before (updates seem to occur November and April/May).

You can ask a Furuno dealer to send you screenshot for specific locations (I asked and received screenshots of the 2 possible BC chart options for 2 locations). Assuming dealer has recently updated their chart files, that should be the c-map version currently available.

I am waiting until just before I start our cruise North in May before purchase so that hopefully I will get latest "Spring" update.

It is too bad Furuno doesn't include free updates for 12 months (as opposed to charts purchased directly from C-map, which include 12-mos of updates.

No, you cannot get charts for TZT3 directly from C-MAP.

Back