Navtex NX-300 Does its RS-232C accept TTL level input (0-5v) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirare

Hello,

In another life, I have previously used the WHITE & BLUE input to feed GPS data from a Garmin 76 to the NX-300.

New boat / New life, I now wish to feed NMEA-0183 data to this unit via a RS422/RS232C level converter.

Since most RS422/RS232C level converter outputs are at TTL level, it would help to know if the NX-300 will read a RS-232C TTL level ?

RS-232C specifications is -5 to +5 signal but I could not find if TTL (0 to 5V) signal is also part of the specification nor if the NX-300 input will read RS-232C TTL levels ?

Regards,

Serge

Below is the input specification for the NX300 showing RS232C only. Outside of that, it is an unsupported specification and therefore has not been approved. You are welcome to try, but I can only provide information based on the information that we are provided with.

1715019862303.png

Below is the input specification for the NX300 showing RS232C only. Outside of that, it is an unsupported specification and therefore has not been approved. You are welcome to try, but I can only provide information based on the information that we are provided with.

View attachment 5280
I see, nothing beyond the owner's manual content...
In this case, I can answer my question if you point me to the electronic schematic of the unit or al least the section for decoding the Input data?

The Operator's Manual information is all that's available for end-users. The only answer that can be provided is that the NX300 only supports RS-232C input.
1715110451665.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back