PBG angle

Yan

Hi there,
Today i was fishing in 50m of water (about 160 feet), so I was supposed to map 50m each side but i was mapping only 8m (26ft) each side. The blue bar that appear when activating pbg was very narrow.

Any explanation?

What are you conducting PBG on the Furuno MFD or TimeZero PC software? Do you have photos?

I'm using the tzt3
The blue bar where the boat icon is, change width constantly, like is loosing bottom

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_061909.jpg
    IMG_20240417_061909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
There is a difference in initial collection of PBG and going over the top of existing PBG. The beam is most accurate in the middle. It is likely that the algorithm is going to change pervious collected data out so far particularly if the other data was done at a better angle and considered likely to be more accurate. I would recommend you take the boat out to an area where you have never collected to see what your bottom coverage is. I haven't dug into the book but even in open areas it might not chart the full 120 degrees. While it sees the 120, the further you get from center the less accurate the data is. Maybe some other users can comment on what they get when storing the PBG.

Back