RDP-149 Display - Backlight works but doesnt show anythinf

ZTFerrari

Hi Y’all

Im attempting to replace my RDP-149 as my old unit has bad screen/sun burn.

When i plug in the “new” unit, it powers on and beeps twice. The brilliance can be adjusted but nothing is being displayed on the screen, all i see is white.

The trackball works and it makes clicking noises like it scrolling on items - but i just cant see anything.

Could this be a simple issue of the LCD ribbon being loose and how hard of a fix would this be?

Unless someone was inside working on it recently, it sounds like a bad LCD. If after on for five minutes and you hit the power button and turn the knob to the right several times; does it brighten up?

Unless someone was inside working on it recently, it sounds like a bad LCD. If after on for five minutes and you hit the power button and turn the knob to the right several times; does it brighten up?
Hi Johnny,

This is a unit i got on ebat Ebay - it looks in remarkable shape and the screen was tested prior to shipping as working. But they very well could have messed around inside

The backlight does respond to the knob. Which is why im thinking its the ribbon cable for the LCD.

Unfortunately im in the middle of the Gulf so shipping it back right now is not an option :(

Back