Software update 6.01 vs Feb 2019 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded successfully. Missing were the instructions for doing a hard reset of the mfd. You may want to publish that here or somewhere. It involves restarting the unit, pressing power on for 5 sec release then press again for 5 sec repeatedly until you get to the reset screen. Start pressing as soon as the unit starts booting up. The reset is NOT the system wipe, just factory reset. THIS WIPES ALL POINTS, ROUTES AND SETTINGS. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.

Apparently, you need a computer or something so you can watch the instruction video because no where in any instructions does it discuss this "Serviceman" procedure. Honestly, how in the hell would one be expected to remember all that with no instructions? The only way to do that is to have a computer......and internet......on your boat wherever that may be to do the procedure correctly. Each passing day is more stupidity.

Let me add to this. The only way to get instructions on the "Serviceman" procedure is to watch a YouTube video. So, you need to have the ability to watch that video on the boat. Since there is no internet near my boat, that means I have to watch it on the phone but apparently the video is private meaning I cannot find it unless I already have the web address. So now, since I can't save that web address on my phone, I have to write it down and take it with me and hope that I can get enough cell service to watch a stupid video for instructions that I can't get anywhere else.

Jagsare1, I am sorry you are finding the process difficult. The service man reset is the same reset which alternately can be done from the power up sequence for which you previous have done and discussed before ( viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4928&p=20374&hilit=Jagsare1+reset#p20428 ). If at any time you run into a problem with our posted instructions or have a question; our Technical support should be contacted. We strive to provide the best support available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back