Splice transducer cable - Tzt312 - B275HLW-12P - FURTZ3-12P-PGT

tiara33bill

I have my boat in the shipyard getting a lot of work done. One project was to install the high speed fairing (replaces mahogany block) on the B275HLW-B12 transducer. The yard found the cable had been cut and spliced.

They labeled all wires (1 - 10). Yeah it seems 2 wires are unaccounted for. I found one unlabelled and disconnected purple wire coming from the transducer but didn't find the other wire. The connector attached to the tzt213 is ACC-FU12-NC - Rev1. Is this the right cable?

what was the purple wire supposed to be used for? Was the unit missing functionality because of the missing wires?

Here is the color codes of the labeled wires. These are not furuno numbers just a numerical order used by the yard.

1. shield
2. shield
3. shield
4. black/white
5. blue/white
6. blue
7. orange
8. black
9. brown
10. white

I ordered Gemeco splice kit for 12p connectors, chirp and Tzt3. FURTZ3-12P-PGT. I believe this is the right splice kit to do the job.

I appreciate all comments and suggestions.

The transducer they "should" have used is the B275LHW-12P. It has a 12 pin connection that would go directly onto the back of the TZT3. I can only guess that they used the normal B275LHW designed with open wires to connect up to the DFF1-UHD. Given the mistake, they should have purchased the 12 pin pigtail cable TZ3-12P-PGT to fix the error. Instead it sounds like someone cut into the 12pin to 10 pin adaptor that was included with the unit for running 10 pin transducers. Nope that won't work. The shipyard guy made some bad assumptions. If you get the correct TZ3-12P-PGT cable and wire it up to the transducer, things should start working out. By the sound of it, that is what you are getting via Gemeco and exactly on the correct track.

The transducer they "should" have used is the B275LHW-12P. It has a 12 pin connection that would go directly onto the back of the TZT3. I can only guess that they used the normal B275LHW designed with open wires to connect up to the DFF1-UHD. Given the mistake, they should have purchased the 12 pin pigtail cable TZ3-12P-PGT to fix the error. Instead it sounds like someone cut into the 12pin to 10 pin adaptor that was included with the unit for running 10 pin transducers. Nope that won't work. The shipyard guy made some bad assumptions. If you get the correct TZ3-12P-PGT cable and wire it up to the transducer, things should start working out. By the sound of it, that is what you are getting via Gemeco and exactly on the correct track.
You might be right regarding the transducer that was purchased and installed. This was done by the previous owner not the shipyard I'm using. I just received the TZ3-12P-PGT. Funny, it is a 12 pin cable but only has 10 wires. The color coding of the 10 wires is the same as the pigtail that was spliced into the system but the transducer side wiring still seems to have one extra wire (purple). I'll look into that when the boat is back in the water. It now has the right high speed fairing installed. Once I get the wires spliced correctly, I hope to have a fish finder that works properly. thanks

I have my boat in the shipyard getting a lot of work done. One project was to install the high speed fairing (replaces mahogany block) on the B275HLW-B12 transducer. The yard found the cable had been cut and spliced.

They labeled all wires (1 - 10). Yeah it seems 2 wires are unaccounted for. I found one unlabelled and disconnected purple wire coming from the transducer but didn't find the other wire. The connector attached to the tzt213 is ACC-FU12-NC - Rev1. Is this the right cable?

what was the purple wire supposed to be used for? Was the unit missing functionality because of the missing wires?

Here is the color codes of the labeled wires. These are not furuno numbers just a numerical order used by the yard.

1. shield
2. shield
3. shield
4. black/white
5. blue/white
6. blue
7. orange
8. black
9. brown
10. white

I ordered Gemeco splice kit for 12p connectors, chirp and Tzt3. FURTZ3-12P-PGT. I believe this is the right splice kit to do the job.

I appreciate all comments and suggestions.
I got the boat out of the shipyard and spliced the transducer cable. Still have that purple wire not connected to anything. I still have a couple of more projects to complete before I can run the boat. I'll update things in a week or so when I can take the boat out of the harbor.

It seems like the wires are paired in sets. I made sure to match the shield wires along with the color coded wires.

Back