Software update 6.01 vs Feb 2019 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowmotion

Furuno Fan
I know you can't discuss new functionality. Can you indicate if 6.01 has most of the new features expected in the Feb release?

Once the software is officially released by Furuno USA, the history information will be updated. We also typically post the highlighted changes and announce the software here on the forum under the NEWS area.

The Feb release of 6.21 has been delayed to mid February by Japan. If everything is working for you, I would suggest anyone looking for the next upgrade continue to wait for 6.21. FUSA does not plan to officially release 6.01 but if you feel you have a need for it, it can be provided via technical support. 6.01 really changes little from 5.03 or 5.06 software except some changes to the internal sounder. (providing white line and post processed gain) Version 6.21 will be much more of an upgrade and include the changes given in 6.01. Sorry I can't give you a full list of the expected changes of 6.21 but it should include support for network FLIR cameras and network Fusion audio.

CMOR announced on Tuesday that Furuno will be added. I talked with CMOR yesterday and they said that this is going to be handled as all other mapping products. You will buy thru Furuno and add it to the list of Maps available. They also said more will be announced at the Miami Boat Show on Thursday.

larryje1":10vj0pa1 said:
CMOR announced on Tuesday that Furuno will be added. I talked with CMOR yesterday and they said that this is going to be handled as all other mapping products. You will buy thru Furuno and add it to the list of Maps available. They also said more will be announced at the Miami Boat Show on Thursday.

Told me the same thing, was actually disappointed because I wanted to use them on multiple boats I fish on, looks like they will be stuck to one unit.

JohnnyElectron, you haven’t heard anything about this? Furuno rep told me it was coming during the Miami show when I spoke to them at Ft Lauderdale.

I hadn't but I guess they were holding the information from us for the boat show. Sounds like there was a few who couldn't wait to talk about it. Here is what they just told me.

“You can get a preview of CMOR charts running on Nobeltec’s Time Zero Professional software in the Furuno exhibit at the 2019 Miami International Boat Show. This is the first appearance of CMOR on a TZ platform. Furuno is actively working on implementation of CMOR in the NavNet TZtouch2 series and future platforms. Stay tuned to the Furuno USA Forum and web site in the coming months for an official announcement of CMOR compatibility with Furuno products.”

At this point I know nothing else.

The CMOR charts are not mentioned in the overview. Is MM3-USF-001 the CMOR chart for Furuno in disguise? When will the update be available for download?

It will show up under SOFTWARE tab of the product on the support page. The instructions got posted late Friday, the software will be posted very soon (in the next few days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back